Vall d'Hebron Research Institute PhD Programme 2023 Open Call
The Vall d’Hebron Research Institute makes its own and open call for a doctoral fellowship programme devoted to attracting early-stage researchers with a special interest in biomedical research.
This call is intended to enable the training of research staff in the research groups within the environment of the Vall d'Hebron University Hospital.
DURATION: 4 years
CANDIDATES PROFILE AND ELEGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Candidates should not have a PhD. Candidates must be in possession of a university degree and a master’s degree with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies at the time of applying to the grant.
- Candidates acceding to a PhD programme through the “Formació Sanitària Especialitzada” (FSE) will not be eligible.
- Candidates must have finished the Master’s degree between 1st January 2022 and the closing date of application submission.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum average grade of the academic record of the studies of degree equal to or higher than 7.
- Candidates must have the pre-admission to a doctoral studies programme at the time of starting the grant.
- Candidates must enrol on the doctoral studies programme in the first official enrolment period, no later than September 2024.
- Candidates must not have held a PhD contract exceeding twelve months in any research institution previous to this application.
HOST PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR’S ELEGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Eligible PIs should have a PhD.
- PI should have an active competitive project at the time of application.
- The project must be managed by VHIR and funded with ≥20.000€.
- PIs will not be able to present a candidature if they are hosting a PhD researcher from a current VHIR institutional PhD fellowship (unless being in the last year).
- Research groups may only be awarded with an institutional PhD fellowship per year.
- As long as they meet the requirements, IPs from the awardee groups will be able to apply for the following call.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Applications must be formalised by the applicant in his/her own name and interest and must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “VHIR PhD Call 2023 – Name of candidate”.
DOCUMENTATION TO SUBMIT
- Excel Template
- Detailed curriculum vitae of the candidate in normalised format (i.e CVN).
- Bachelor's degree diploma.
- Academic certificate with the average grade of the bachelor's degree. In the case of studies carried out abroad ANECA certification.
- Master’s degree diploma or proof of payment fee.
- Academic certificate of master's degree studies, including average grade and termination date.
- First page of the publications and/or page(s) where the authors contribution appears.
- PDF document that accredits the candidate’s internship periods.
- PDF document that accredits the candidate’s Erasmus+ internships.
- PDF document that accredits other merits: dissemination activities, prizes, grants, certificate of languages, attendance to seminars or scientific congresses, including poster presentation in VHIR, etc.)
- If applicable, accreditation for the exceptional extension of the evaluable period.
CALENDAR FOR THE FIRST STAGE APPLICATION
2nd October 2023 at 14h - Official deadline call