Chronic fatigue syndrome
Hospital o serveis complementaris relacionats
A multidisciplinary therapeutic approach for patients with CFS should be based on four key elements:
- General information about the condition (including sleep hygiene and advice on nutrition)
- Gradually increasing aerobic exercise, according to tolerance
- These measures should be tailored to the individual's personal characteristics and the evolutionary stages of the clinical condition.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Pharmacological treatment of the main symptoms and related comorbidities. These measures may help most patients, although individual responses may vary widely.