Health tips to prevent Ebola
What do you need to bear in mind to prevent Ebola virus?
Although there is currently no commercially available vaccine against the virus, the results of studies conducted so far show that the vaccine could be very effective. In Spain the risk of infection is very low, but:
- Try not to travel to affected countries.
- Should you find yourself in one of these countries, avoid trips to affected areas.
If you find yourself in an area affected by Ebola virus:
- Avoid direct contact with blood or bodily fluids from a patient or a corpse, and with objects that may be contaminated.
- Reduce contact with wild animals and do not eat raw meat.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid having unprotected sex.
If you travel to one of the affected areas and a few weeks after your return you notice the following symptoms, you need to seek medical attention urgently and tell the doctor about the trip:
- Tiredness for an unknown reason
- Other serious symptoms
From 10:00 to 17:30 h.
From 9.00 am to 2.30 pm....