Give up smoking
10 tips to avoid starting to smoke again
1. Make a list of the benefits your have felt and read it at tricky times.
2. Reduce alcohol and caffeine consumption, increase consumption of water or natural fruit juices.
3. Increase physical activity.
4. Take up hobbies again that you stopped.
5. Keep yourself busy. Take the opportunity to do things that you have been putting off doing.
6. Get yourself a present.
7. Ask a relative, friend or healthcare professional for support.
8. When you feel like smoking, eat a piece of fruit, a sugar-free sweet or drink water.
9. Stay alert; don’t think that smoking just one cigarette won’t do any harm.
10. Focus on the present; every day without smoking is a battle won.
10 benefits of quitting smoking
1. You’ll look younger and healthier.
2. You’ll be physically stronger.
3. You’ll save money. If you smoke one packet a day, you’ll save €1,928 a year.
4. You’ll be setting a good example.
5. You’ll reduce the risk of getting cancer.
6. You’ll gain confidence in yourself.
7. You’ll reduce the risk of getting respiratory, cardiac and vascular diseases.
8. You’ll get rid of bad breath and improve the colour of your teeth.
9. You’ll protect your loved ones from tobacco smoke.
10. You’ll be able to taste food better.